The first and foremost Apostolic Mission of C.M.C.
-The F.F.T (Faith Formation Team) is formulated in order to make the Christian Formation of the people of God more effective and fruitful.
-Ten percent of the members of various age groups of Nirmala Province are engaged in this field.
-Four percentage of the total income of the Province is set apart for this purpose. - The faith formation can be envisaged in ten main streams as follows :
1. Family ministry Home Mission
2. Faith Formation through catechism
3. Campus Ministry
• Carmel buds
• Carmel blossoms
• Carmel Youth
4. C.M.C Associates animation
5. Charismatic Renewal
6. Bible Animation
7. Saint Euphrasia Evangelization faith formation ministry
8. Evangelization through Mass Media and Publication
9. Evangelization through Jail Ministry
10. Special Evangelization Ministries:-
• Word ministry and counselling service at Kripatheertham (Prayer house) by Sr. Grace Thomas.
• Open Houses
• Counselling Centre at St. John’s Convent initiated by Sr. Jose Mary & Team • Santhi Dham Clinical Counselling Centre initially directed by Dr.Sr. Dalmatia CMC and followed by Dr Sr. Lis & Team
1. Family Ministry- Home Mission Family ministry became a significant event in response to the need of the people of God and signs of the Time. From 2000 onwards Home mission programme became a permanent feature of the CMC mission. CMC Nirmala Province could extend its service of Home mission to 33 Parishes and in co-operation with other Congregations to 10 more Parishes.
2. Catechism- We have been rendering our services in conducting Sunday Catechism in our parishes and daily catechism in our schools, and also in helping to conduct intensive catechism during long vacations, and helping the parish priests in preparing the children for First Holy Communion. Besides the above fields, our sisters do lead and guide the members of the organisations like K.C.S.L, C.L.C, Holy Childhood etc.
3. Campus Ministry- in schools and colleges Carmel Buds, Carmel Blossoms, Carmel Youth and Carmel Fire are various zealous groups working in schools and Colleges with a view to impart Carmelite Charism of fire for the Word and the zeal of Elijah, Elisha and the later Carmelite saints.
4. C.M.C Associates- They are laywomen who co-operate with us in several of our spiritual ministries and social service. They try to imbibe the Carmelite Charism and function as a supporter in our social ministry and Word ministry. The group's functions in relation to the respective CMC Convents nearby. In someplace they are very active.
5. Charismatic Renewal Gathering- of sisters helped to grow in Charisms and to intercede for the problems of the families, societies and nations. That also was in response to the times to build up prayerful leaders. They engage in night vigil accompanied by enlightening and inspirational talks and empowering Word sharing. A certain spiritual accompaniment occurred amidst the process.
6. Bible Animation: Bible animation leaders were chosen from each community and were encouraged to pursue their study and meditation of the Word of God. They are given leadership in Bible Quiz, Bible seminars and Logos Quiz conducted on the Parish, School or diocesan or province level. Reawakening to the Word ministry is a sign of the Time and the Congregation tries to respond.
7. St. Euphrasia- Evangelisation Faith Formation Ministry: 10 sisters are engaged in this ministry alone. They are in the intercession group; help in adoration and in the making of medals and their distribution. Now the Euphrasian Spousal Retreats are being initiated. St. Euphrasia Retreat centre situated above the Museum is a Training Ground for all the congregation sisters. A full week Retreat for Religious is held every month. The retreat imparts, first of all, Religious Charism, Spousal Relationship with Christ.
8. Evangelization through Mass Media and Publication: They are given sufficient training in Mass media and Publication before starting the work. Value-based programmes especially visual programmes are conducted.
9. Evangelization through Jail Ministry: Jail ministry is a need of the time. Our sisters visit the prisoners and counsel them and teach them to pray and prepare them for the Holy Mass. Several of them became very repentant through their permitted interaction with us.
10. Special Evangelization Ministry: This is made possible through the Prayer House at Kripatheertham, five Open houses, Counselling Centre, Ashram Style house at Thozhupadam and the De-addiction Centre NEST (= Natural Empowering and Survival Treatment and Research Centre).