CMC Nirmala Province, one among the twenty Provinces of the Congregation of the Mother of Carmel began her history on the dawn of 9th May 1897, when the first convent in Thrissur Vicariate was blessed and inaugurated at Ambazhakkad. The history of Nirmala is just a part and continuation of the whole history of the CMC, which was founded in 1866 by Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara and Fr.Leopold Beccaro OCD.CMC had a very humble beginning at Koonammavu with just three members in a small thatched house with bamboo mats for wall.
The history of Syro-Malabar Church has great impact on the history of the Congregation too. The formulation of Thrissur and Kottayam Vicariates for the Syrian Catholics on 20th May 1887 resulted in significant changes at all levels.On 17th September 1890, the sisters belonging to the Latin Rite got separated from Koonammavu. As the request for a native Bishop was a constant concern of the laity of that time, there took place the partition of the Syrian Dioceses as Thrissur, Ernakulam and Changanacherry under native Bishops. According to this new arrangement, sisters belonging to the Thrissur diocese were taken to the first convent at Ambazhakkad which was founded on 9th May 1897.
- Sharing the joy with 'Poor of the Lord'
- Nazareth Forum
- Donate Blood -Save Life
- Mercy Drops
- Enlightning the Minds
- Festal Greetings to Provincial Superior
- Nurturing the 'Young MInds'
- Organ Donation
- Gathering in the Year of Mercy
- Be with the poor
- Buds of Carmel
- New Priests
- Be the light
- Mannuthy-Homeo & Counsiling Centre